The simplest arepa recipe I can think of calls for 2 ingredients. Cornflower and water.
Harina PAN contains no additives.
Few things I’d like to try on this post:
1. uneven frying of arepas on a skillet, solve it. I’m sure you can get an even browning.
2. oven arepas. No oil, will it brown? I’m sure it will. 400f
3. sour arepas. vinegar, lime. Baking soda?. Done! it actually worked really well.
4. savory arepas. Baking powder. what would happen?
5. sweet arepas. chocolate arepas? papelon? corn goes well with tons of things.
6. mozzarella stuffed bugnuelos. Now that I’ve made my own cheese, this could be fun
7. crispy crackers. Keep oil to a minimum. Herbs.. etc.
8. garlic-infused water. Garlic arepas. This could be awesome.
more to come when I get back to this blogging thing 🙂
Wanna get more sous-vide cooking guides and cool cooking how-to’s in your mailbox? You know what needs to be done!
We never spam. You should only be getting updates when new content is posted on the site. We also respect your privacy. We don’t share your email address with anyone and you can unsubscribe anytime!